Sunday, November 1, 2009

The beginning _ Thailand to Nepal

After an 11 hour flight, 3 hour layover in Tokyo, another 6 hour flight, and a 90 minute taxi ride I had made it to Thailand where I stayed for 3 days in a beach town south Bangkok. This is where I sweat the San Francisco out of me and had a blissful time either swimming, sitting at the beach, getting massages, dancing, and roaming the streets. I really enjoyed how relaxed the people are and how friendly everyone is. I didn't carry my camera around too much but wasn't terribly different than anywhere else, just having many, many more scooters and street vendors making food up and down the block. There was a typhoon the day before I left that flooded the streets but locals didn't seem to think much off it as they still walked around and even road their scooters through it.





No comments:

Post a Comment